25 Nov 2014
It's gift guide time! This was one of my favourite posts to write last year and I've been scribbling down gift ideas for weeks now, so I'm excited to be finally sharing my 2014 Holiday Gift Guide! I have included cute stocking stuffers as well as some seriously splurgey gifts here.
Disclaimer: this is not a sponsored post and I have not been asked by any of these brands to include their products! These really are my personal picks (:
1. These sparkly silver snowflake charms from Daily Charme are the perfect addition to any winter manicure! $2.99/2pcs - Find them here.
2. I think this "stamping addict" set from Bundle Monster is a brilliant gift for those who want to get started with stamping or are looking for something to store their existing collection of stamping plates in. This particular set includes the new CYO2014 set (find my scans here) and a purple stamping plate case. I have one of these cases too, and they're fantastic. $17.00 - Available (will be restocked before the black friday sales) here.
3. No gift guide of mine would be complete without at least one item from Mont Bleu, haha. I've said it countless times before, their files are my holy grail product as far as nail care goes! I think this green one in the "Bubbles" style looks very cute and festive. $13.00 - Find it here.
4. If you're looking for a slightly fancier gift, why not take a look at the luxury compact mirror section at Design Glassware? This green "Corals" design, hand-decorated with Swarovski elements, would look fab paired with the nail file. $71.50 - From here.
5. This jelly polish by Mint Polish, Full Bodied, is one of my all time favourite vampy reds. It's super squishy and rich in colour, and completely vegan and cruelty-free. $12.00 - Available on the Mint Polish website here.
6. How about an "Ultimate Glitter Set" by Cirque Colors? This luxurious set comes with 8 sparkly polishes packaged in a chic black window box. Ultimate glitter splurge? Don't mind if I do! $80.00 - Available here.
7. A collaboration shade with one of my favourite bloggers, Will Paint Nails for Food, Never Nude by piCture pOlish is an off-white nude with an ethereal mix of glitter. Love it. $10.28 - Find it here.
8. I've never tried one of Rainbow Honey's cuticle balms but if my blogging bestie Claw of Cthulhu tells me they're good, they're good. Besides, how good do the scents "Candy Cane Gram" and "Don't Gingersnap At Me!" sound? $4.96 (mini) or $11.81 (large) - Available here.
9. I am obsessed with the name of this new shade by KBShimmer; Turnip the Beet. How is that not the best name ever?! It's a gorgeous magenta-based textured glitter, perfect for the holidays. $8.75 - From here.
10. Looking for an easy way to spruce up (pun intended) a manicure? Try Nailed Kit's water slide decals. I really like their re-formulated decals and think they make great gifts. This "Mad for Plaid" set will look good all winter. $8.00 - Available here.
11. These retro reindeer charms from Daily Charme are pretty much the cutest thing. Want to go all-out? Try stamping a Christmas sweater pattern all over your nails and finishing with one of these guys! $2.99/2pcs - Available here.
What's on your Christmas wishlist this year? Please share in the comments below :D
23 Nov 2014
I've got a review of one of Born Pretty Store's own brand of stamping plates for you today! They recently released a whole bunch of new stamping plates and I was sent some to try out. The one I used today is the BP-19 plate (find it here, it's #17264 on the website) with the leafy autumnal theme.
I used: Bys - Black Satin / Foxy Paws - Invisible Light* / Born Pretty Store BP-19 stamping plate* / Essence - Stamp Me! silver
More after the jump!
21 Nov 2014
I've got one more Canvas Lacquer polish to show you! I'm all for a pop of colour in gloomy weather and Caribana Parade (or, as I like to call it, Capibara Parade) is a pretty summery one, inspired by the Carribbean Carnival held in Toronto every year. I like when brands release the colours they want to release, regardless of the traditional bright colours for spring/summer vs darker, muted colours in autumn/winter "rules"!
This is Canvas Lacquer - Caribana Parade (three coats, finished with top coat)
More after the jump!
20 Nov 2014
I've got another Canvas Lacquer shade to show you today. This is my first glitter topper by Canvas Lacquer so I was really excited to try it. I feel glitter toppers are sometimes underrated and underappreciated - I think they can add so much to a basic creme nail polish and I really love wearing them.
This is Canvas Lacquer - Yorkville Splurge over Canvas Lacquer - Polar Bear Dip
More photos after the jump!
19 Nov 2014
I've got some more Canvas Lacquer polishes to show you! I swatched a few of their polishes a while ago (find those posts here and here) and absolutely loved them, so I'm really excited I was sent three more shades to try out :)
This is Canvas Lacquer - Polar Bear Dip (two coats)
More after the jump!
18 Nov 2014
A few days ago I received the "Create Your Own" 2014 collection of stamping plates from Bundle Monster that I won!
I got a great response last time I scanned a set of stamping plates (the Sun Kissed collection, find that post here) so I decided to scan this collection too. I haven't tried any of the plates yet but I'll do a full review on this set soon.
Follow the jump!
15 Nov 2014
I am so excited about my post today, I get to show you the Live It Up collection by Cirque Colors! I've long admired this brand online, so I was extremely happy to be contacted by Annie, the creator of Cirque, about trying some products.
You might have seen me mention these polishes in my first edition of Squeaky News (find that here if you missed it) and I'm happy to report they are just as beautiful as they looked in the press release!
Clockwise from top left: 8 Crazy Nights / Holo-Day Cheer / One More Time / 1999 / Let's Dance
12 Nov 2014
Like I mentioned in my first post starring Black Dahlia Lacquer (find that one here), I was sent six shades in total and I'm gonna be showing you the other three today!
These three polishes are in three colours I very rarely show on my blog and that's not because I don't love them! I actually love wearing reds and bright shades of pink but my camera totally freaks out when presented with bright, warm colours. I changed some settings on my camera, figured out how to edit my photos differently and accepted the challenge ;) So hey, wanna see some super bright, warm colors?
From left to right: Beach Jasmine / Wild Cherry Blossoms / Brantwood
More after the jump!